Monday, March 21, 2011

a painting passion









There are many many MANY things I love to do. Sewing, drawing, knitting, the list goes on & on. But there is one thing that feeds my soul.... Painting! As corny as is may sound...when I paint everything else in the universe fades & for that moment that my brush hits the canvas I am completely peaceful & one with my art. It isn't something I do. It is what I am. I am an artist. I may not be the best. I may not sell for tons of money. I may never be recognized in this life. But it is one thing I will not deny myself or hide away & create in a closet. I draw & paint for me & the second I said it out loud & believed it with my entire soul. I felt totally set free & it now feeds my soul. It is my oxygen. Being creative is a gift from God & I will live the rest of my life honoring that gift by letting it pour out of me. You all have an artist inside of you. I never want another person to say to me. "I don't even want to try because I just wouldn't be as good as you." You cannot draw or paint if never give yourself permission to screw up & make some really bad art. You cannot ever get better if you never allow yourself to start. So I want to encourage every person that follows my blog to say it out loud "I am an artist" & go make some crappy art that leads to art that you are really proud of. I love you all & thank you all for your comments & support even with the crappy art :) -Megan

7 comments:

  1. Yes! Everything you said. I keep telling people this too--there's no such thing as bad art--it's the feeling it gives you--that's what's important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I feel the same about painting, it really feeds my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the purple dolls!!! They are gorgeous. Do you have a ustream channel? If not, you should I would love to take classes from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mizzzzzzz Megan, you are an AMAZING ARTIST. I am truly blessed to have met you, befriended you, and been able to witness your artistic talent and genius. You awe and inspire me. So your talent IS recognized! Keep going girl. I raise my glass of DR. Pepper to you! Cause you r a pepper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are all so sweet! Stacy, you crack me up :) I loves me the Dr Pepper!

    ReplyDelete